This morning I woke at 05h00 to make coffee for Don, Cheryl and I. We had a mission ahead this morning before our outride, which was to walk Franks farm (500HA), looking for 9 mares who evidently got through a fence which appeared to have been cut, a couple of days ago. We returned home at 08h00, having walked approximately 6-8 km’s, only to have found 7 of the horses, in the paddock directly opposite the house.
There is horse sickness in the area and Sandy (a local friend of Cheryl’s) has a number of horses down. The pressure is on to dip and inject the horses. Cheryl takes the rides out and Don and I will tend the horses for dipping and injecting. We stable the horses at the house stables and begin. In no time, Don has me injecting my first horse. My first patient is poor Lola. She and I, both survive the ordeal. We dip (actually spray) for ticks and I am holding the horses who do not really like this to start. What an experience. It is labour intensive and requires strength. The horses have a tendency to want to kick out when spraying under their tails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment