Saddled up, we are off, I am riding Midnite again. Cheryl has a new Development kid riding. He must be 4 or 5 yrs old. We ride out through the field. Two minutes later, we hear a commotion. Buckle has had a bite at NSync whilst Don is standing next to him. The next minute, Don is grounded. He is furious. He is ready to kill Buckle. Buckle is smiling. I’m thinking, “So I will get birthday cake, afterall!”. We all know better. We say nothing and ride on! Cheryls new development guy has had a brilliant new ride. First ride, first trot, first canter and wham, he’s on the beach at the halt of the canter. All his firsts and he is still smiling. He also rides home with no stirrups and arms out like an aeroplane. What a charming little boy. He even rides home facing the tail of the horse. A good ride had by all, we are back home by 18h40. Cheryl even gave me a birthday present by telling me my riding skills have leaped forward by leaps and bounds since my arrival. She even tells me I look like a rider now. I am proud of me. Lifes gift to me, is just to be!
Don is cooking up curry. Again, we are all in the kitchen telling our stories. We are so chilled. I am having some red wine. The young girls are almost pouring it down my throat. They have a plan……… I am tired. I have had an awesome day. The best birthday in years! I am concerned though. Michaela and Laura have something up their sleeves to catch me out tonite…. Is this more toothpaste? Or something worse? I think tonight I will sleep in the car! These girls are wicked :-) VERY WICKED!
M

No comments:
Post a Comment