
The wind is howling. We can almost not hear one another speak. We round the horses up with ease, tack up, put a Christmas hat on Apollo, who I am riding, and put Antlers on four other horses and head out. We get down to the Hotel area and see there is no beach. The seas are exceptionally rough and the waves are crashing in to shore. The river mouth has been totally opened. It is an incredible sight. It is too windy to ride up to the cliffs. We ride through the caravan park today and head home. We are on our way to the shops. There are more horses down. I go and do the shopping whilst Don and Cheryl tend the horses. We tack up and take the afternoon ride. We have eight children. This time we get them all singing through the streets of Morgan Bay and the Caravan Park. By the end of the ride, I am hoarse, having had to scream instructions to the riders in order to be heard over the wind. We get home late. We have ten people coming for lunch tomorrow and need to tidy the house up. We all muck in. I cook dinner and we absolutely all crash to sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment