
A couple of the horses start with temperatures, one of the signs towards many problems they encounter from Biliary to Horse Sickness. Their normal temperature is around 37 degrees so any horses with temps above 38, we are injecting for Biliary as a preventative. We pray this is all it is and not Horse sickness. We start a log of all the horses’ temps, mornings and lunch time. This is a stressful time for Cheryl. Maverick and Hermes seem to have the highest temps. They are both young (3 yr old) stallions and have very limited immunity to Horse Sickness. We are having now to limit the rides in order to avoid tired horses which would make them more susceptible to illness.
We have a small ride today. A Father (Quinton) and his 2 kids arrive for the ride. Cheryl takes the kids so she can teach them and I take Quinton. We head off to the cliffs. It is a crystal clear day today. At the top of the cliffs, Quinton dismounts to look over the edge to the sea below. I am taking photographs of the sea scape and he tells me to come and look. I am nervous of this height with the horses but Quinton reassures me the view is worth it. I concede. It is spectacular.
We head for the beach. We have a glorious ride and head home. In the evening, Cheryl Don and I are recapping. I’m telling them of my difficulties in recognizing the difference between Bliss and Apollo. Michaela and Laura previously told me Apollo was a stallion, so naturally I have been looking for Apollo’s’ testicles, every time I need to tack him up. Cheryl and Don are in hysterics and tell me Apollo is a gelding. They have known about this all along and have been chuckling at me every time they see me looking. They decide tomorrow is the day to show me a stallion, so I will not be confused in future!
We have a small ride today. A Father (Quinton) and his 2 kids arrive for the ride. Cheryl takes the kids so she can teach them and I take Quinton. We head off to the cliffs. It is a crystal clear day today. At the top of the cliffs, Quinton dismounts to look over the edge to the sea below. I am taking photographs of the sea scape and he tells me to come and look. I am nervous of this height with the horses but Quinton reassures me the view is worth it. I concede. It is spectacular.
We head for the beach. We have a glorious ride and head home. In the evening, Cheryl Don and I are recapping. I’m telling them of my difficulties in recognizing the difference between Bliss and Apollo. Michaela and Laura previously told me Apollo was a stallion, so naturally I have been looking for Apollo’s’ testicles, every time I need to tack him up. Cheryl and Don are in hysterics and tell me Apollo is a gelding. They have known about this all along and have been chuckling at me every time they see me looking. They decide tomorrow is the day to show me a stallion, so I will not be confused in future!

No comments:
Post a Comment