We are all up late and well rested. Well, Ashleigh got up at 13h30; only after I was seconded to go and check she was still alive. Ashleigh “CLAIMS” she has been up reading since 07h30. WE do not believe her for a minute! I am grateful for the rest at home today, out of the sun, and giving my feet a rest out of the boots! We have had a chilled relaxed day. Don, e v e n t u a l l y caught Valentino, a previously abused horse, and rode him down to the stables. I was forced to wash dishes and clean the kitchen (oh so NOT). From tomorrow, we expect the onslaught to come. Rest oh wicked one. Cheryl then decided to introduce us to another bit of wildlife. The dangerously poisonous Tree Frog, who secretes venom of note, is chilling under the toothbrushes! Ashleigh and I will now be brushing our teeth in the kitchen.
I spend sometime this afternoon with my precious Caribbean who seems to have kidnapped Kingston from his Mom, Topaz. Kingston is a 3 month old Bay, still with his fluffy coat. I start to groom Caribbean. She senses I want to touch the foal (remember the body language and telepathy). Caribbean turns to present me with the foal. I love this girl. She is so gentle and kind. It makes me more determined to be the one to back her!!!! I introduce Kingston to the brush and allow him smell it. I want to touch him. He smells the brush (Cheryl is watching me). Kingston turns his rear to me (Baby or no baby, I’m not about to test his kick). Cheryl sees me back away and then tells me Kingston just wanted a rub on the top of his tail. What a fool I feel…… I will get there. All in good time. Funny, it’s about trusting in me too. Caribbean then takes off with the foal. Topaz is coming around the corner. Cheryl then tells us that it seems Caribbean has stolen Kingston. A temporary issue no doubt.
We chill for the rest of the day, only to get the SURPRISE of note later. Cheryl announces she will cook supper tonight. Spaghetti Carbonara. We are all gob smacked. Cheryl CAN cook. And all this time we thought she was just good with horses?
We have a 09h00 ride tomorrow. We shall have to be up early. It will be an early night again tonight. I am rested, at peace and loving every moment of this. Candice my child, this is for YOU. You HAVE to make a plan to do this in your life.
M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment