Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AND I AM OUT OF ACTION 8th DEC.

So much for the early night…… 03h45 was when we climbed into bed. We were trying to sort out a document from my computer to Cheryls which insisted in being encrypted once opening it on Cheryls PC. I still managed to wake at 07h00 to shower and get ready. Whilst Cheryl was organizing tack and saddles to take down to the stables with us, I decided to groom Caribbean. I am so at ease with her. She is teaching me a lot and helping me overcome my fears. I walked directly behind her rear, whilst holding onto her rear. I picked up her front and back legs. Cheryl tells me to breathe. I am proud of myself. A little more everyday and I will get the confidence. We are now ready to go for our ride. It is 11h30 and scorching hot.
Oh no, some of the horses have worked their way back to the first paddock. We climb out and start to round them up (Only about 6-8 of them). En route to the gate to let the horses onto the road, I twist my leg on a grass clump, pulling the muscle in my right groin. As if that was not enough, I repeat the same thing. I hobble forward, I am in agony. Don picks me up. We are missing Buckle and Midnight. We head for home and see them. Don gets out and tells me to drive the car. Cheryl and Laura are in the next paddock trying to find another horse. Ashleigh joins them and I go home to drop off the groceries. I drive back to find them all in the first paddock we stopped at, to see Don and Ashleigh still trying to round Buckle and Midnight up. Don is getting frustrated. It is hot, seriously hot. Eventually Cheryl and Laura get the two mites and head them to the stables. Everyone is exhausted. We decide to rather head home and have lunch and take a ride in the afternoon. At home, the electricity is off. Don & Cheryl set about fixing the problem.
With lunch over, I have to inform them I cannot ride. I am too sore in the groin. We agree it best to rest it and see what tomorrow holds. Don, Laura & Ashleigh go off for the ride. Cheryl decides as the electricity is on, she wants to finish her saddles. I try to sort out the computer glitch. The glitch is hampering me from getting my daily blogs loaded. Let’s hope this is not another 03h45 sleep time. The electricity goes off again. It is miles to walk to the mains to try and sort out. Cheryl does her cutting out instead.
The guys come back around 18h30. They had a good ride and now Michaela has joined us. She is 14 yrs old and from East London. She has brought her horse here and will stay for the week . We have a ride set for 09h30 tomorrow. I have to exercise my groin in the hope I will be able to ride tomorrow. We start cooking dinner by candlelight and a one plate gas cooker. Spag Bol tonight. I do the bolognaise and am just about to get the water on the plate when the electricity comes back on. Early eat and bed tonight. We are all exhausted.
M

No comments: