Thursday, January 15, 2009

A NEW YEAR UPON US 01st JAN 2009

Life is given to us 1 day at a time.
Don’t look back and grieve about the past,
For it has GONE!
Don’t be troubled by the future,
As GOD will provide!
Live each day and make it SO beautiful,
That it WILL be worth living!

A new day and a new year have dawned: Live life to its fullest.

We all seem to wake around 09h00, grab our first cuppa and retire back to bed. It is overcast and windy. We do not ride on New Years day. Don and Cheryl need to go to East London today to fetch a volunteer, Debs, arriving for the next 9 days. Debs is South African and has come home for 2 months from the UK. She is from Durban and has been home with her parents for a month.
In between having coffee and flapjacks with Don and Cheryl and all the kids, in their bedroom this morning, I stay in bed as long as I can today. We all seem to stroll in and out the kitchen during the day and each of us have a turn in returning the kitchen to normality, after last night. It starts to rain and the gale winds are blowing. Don, Cheryl and Debs return home. We unpack groceries and I am so chuffed Cheryl has bought a new potato peeler. Their existing one has such a large wide handle and was definitely meant for a man with large hands to use. We chill out for the rest of the day. I am sure the rest will do me good. I am feeling better today. Cheryl is cooking battered fish for dinner tonight. I am oh so looking forward to it. We shall all be in for an early night tonight. Predictions for the weather tomorrow are not good, but we pray for riding weather.

No comments: