Cheryl and I head for the stables. She drops me at the field to round up the horses. I have 15 rounded up and wonder where the other 5 are. I see they have somehow got through a fence to the next field w here the colts are. I cannot fetch them and head the horses I have to the stables. They are good for me and kindly oblige without much ado. I am almost at the rugby field close to the stables when I see 2 development guys come through and ask them to go and fetch the other 5 horses. We have three kids and an experienced rider, Angie, with us to ride today. I take Gunstone out today. Again, the beach is awesome. Again, no camera with me today. We are going to all try and canter. I lead off. The 3 kids are battling. We try again and when we get them all going, Excalibur’s rider bursts into tears. She is 6 years old and too scared. She tells us she canters at her riding school but on a lead rein. Cheryl looks after her and we take the canter out again. The kid riding Captain is in his element. It is his first time ever on a horse and he is a natural. The rewards again are plentiful. We head home and on the first pathway running parallel to the road, Cheryl instructs me to take my feet out the stirrups and put my arms out like an aero plane. I give her a look of disdain but carry out my instruction. Well, what a feeling, what a miracle, what a life, what a feeling of accomplishment. I am so at peace and in my element, my own little world! I cannot wait to do it again! Yes, I get to do it again with our last canter home. THIS is exhilaration, if ever there is any. The adrenalin is pumping through me at a speed of lightening. I also ride Gunstone back into the stable yard, facing backwards!
We get home and I crash on my bed. Cheryl and Don inject the rest of the horses whilst I nap. I rise at about 17h00. We chill and then I go for my bucket bath. I just have to wash this hair tonight. Not fun with a couple of pots for your water! I feel better. Again, the issue regards the accident on 5th Jan surfaces as Rudi, the husband of the woman run over, has phoned to say he has not received a deposit from Cheryl regards medical fees he is claiming from Cheryl. Cheryl claims she is paying this out of goodwill to avoid negative publicity, despite Indemnity forms signed by clients. Every time this issue is raised, a huge cloud falls over the house. It seems that every time the subject is raised, I am expected to accept liability over this accident. I WONT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FACT Cheryl does not have Public Liability Insurance. We are having peri peri chicken tonight. It is nearly 22h00. I am starving and shall enjoy my dinner. I am still gob smacked at my feat today and shall surely sleep well (and smug with myself).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment