I have had a bad night sleep and have been coughing all night. I am sure Debs is not pleased. I think the flu is coming on. Luisa and Janine go to fetch the horses from the field. Debs and I are to prepare the feed. We arrive at the stables and Debs inspects the area from the previous days event, to arrive at some further conclusions as to what went wrong. We enter the stables, which have clearly been raided by the local cows, who have knocked over a barrel of Creosote right into the entrance where the horses come in. Debs and I dig up soil to place in the creosote to dry out the area. Cheryl has invited a Mongol child to be her guest for the ride today. She will look after him personally. His name is Joel. We have mixed riders and Debs will take the kids. I am riding Apollo. The canter up the road to the cliffs is not pleasant, as Apollo is set on going farming. After a bit of hard work and coaxing Luisa and I manage to get him back onto the road. We enjoy the canter on the cliffs and head for the beach ride, which was enjoyed by all.
We grab lunch in the car and head back for the afternoon ride. I am riding Gunstone and will lead the ride. Luisa is taking Atlas out, who has not been out since Laura last came off him, having only been ridden twice. Debs will again take the kids out ride. Don and Cheryl will follow the ride in the car just to make sure all goes well with Atlas, so if there are any glitches, they are at ground level to sort it out. We have a good ride out to the cliffs and as we cross the bridge, Atlas is not too sure about this crossing. With a bit of coaxing from Don and Cheryl, Luisa gets Atlas over the bridge. We head for the beach and it has clouded over, the beach is nearly empty. We prepare to canter and enjoy a long canter out and an even longer canter back on the beach. Everyone has really enjoyed their beach ride.
We get home and Cheryl arranges for us to all go to Franks’ farm to bath, as we are once again out of water. Just whilst preparing to go to Frank, Cheryl gets a call about the lady who I landed on, from the previous days fall. Her husband is asking Cheryl to accept liability for the medical bills as apparently she also has 5 broken ribs. Our high spirits fall very quickly. It is not a good situation for Cheryl. It was a freak accident which occurred. We all go to bath and collect water for the house. We eat dinner when back home and I hit the sack early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment